Hiking trail Adeje – Las Casas, Tenerife Sur
Tenerife is an amazing island with limitless possibilities when it comes to hiking. There is something for everyone, so what better way to explore the land than driving around and hiking. Here are a few ideas for hiking.
If you do by any chance get bored of the great beaches on the Costa Adeje stretch of coast, head inland for some superb Tenerife walking. The Barranco del Infierno or Hell’s Ravine walk which starts 350m above sea level from the top end of Adeje town at the end of Calle El Molino. The walk is about 6 km and takes 4 to 5 hours. Unless you’re under 12 years you’ll have to pay a few euros to access this walk, more than worth it for the spectacular scenery you’ll see.
The path winds it’s way up through the ravine where you’ll see a variety of cactus. The path narrows as you move into the centre of the ravine and the vegetation gets denser. You can expect to see numerous indigenous Canarian plans including Canarian Willows. Other walks in the area include the Roque del Conde, Ilfonche to Boca del Paso and Camino de Carrasco.
Within the village of inland Adeje there’s a host of historical buildings including the Strong house dating back to 1555. This Cas Fuerte was built as a defence against pirate attacks. It’s closed to the public, but you can view it from the outside.
Also in Adeje is a convent dating from 1679 with interesting Baroque boardering, the Casa del Duqe (the Duke’s House) and the pretty Santa Ursula Church which is an important historical monument in the area dating back to 1586. It’s quite a contrast here inland at Adeje compared to the bustling Costa Adeje holiday resorts.
You can zoom in map to get a close-up view of route.
Google Earth landmarks: Adeje – Barranco del Infierno – Ifonche – Roque Imoque – Roque el Conde – Las Casas.kmz
Also see walking routes:
- Adeje — Walk Tenerife
- Arona – Ifonche – Arona Circular
- Arona – Vilaflor
- Costa del Silencio – Tenerife Coastal Escapism
- La Caleta – Tenerife Life in the Raw
- Los Cristianos – Palm-Mar – Las Galletas
- Palm-Mar – Las Galletas
- Piramide de Arona – Playa Las Americas – Puerto Colon
- Playa de Las Americas – La Caleta
- Playa Paraiso – La Caleta
- PR-TF 43 Garachico – Chinyero Mountain
- PR-TF 71 Camino de Teresme
- PR-TF 71.1 Boca del Paso – La Quinta
- PR-TF 71.2 Camino de Ifonche
- PR-TF 72 Vilaflor – Paisaje Lunar – Vilaflor
- SL-TF 218 Roque del Conde
- SL-TF 71 Camino de la Virgen
- Teide walking routes. Teide hiking trails.