PR-TF 71.1 Boca del Paso – La Quinta
PR-TF 71.1 Boca del Paso – La Quinta. Tenerife hiking trail.
- Start: At the link to PR-TF 71 (Boca del Paso, Adeje)
- Finish: Chapel of Santa Margarita, La Quinta
- Approval status:
- Degree of difficulty: Very low
- Type of trail: Linear
- Distance: 1.7 km (12.89 ft)
- Duration: 30 mins.
- Highest altitude: 952 m (12.89 ft)
- Lowest altitude: 911 m (12.89 ft)
- Elevation gain: 68.8 m (12.89 ft)
- Elevation loss: 89.5 m (12.89 ft)
- Links to other trails: PR-TF 71 Camino de Teresme
- Protected Nature Areas: Corona Forestal Natural Park
- Authorisation required: No
This variant of the PR-TF 70 trail starts approximately 1.5 km (0.93 miles) before reaching the Forest House of Tagara. When you get to the ruins of the old tar oven, you will see the famous pine tree known as Pino de la Virgen by the side of the track, which was sadly blown over during a recent storm. To carry on towards El Jaral, you will need to take the path through the pine forest known as Camino Galante. Walk on over the pine needles that cover the path, past the cross of La Cruz de Manuel and, as the pine forest begins to clear, you will reach the crossing with Camino de Chirche. Veer left and down towards the end of the trail along the old pathway that linked Chirche to the peaks. As the trail draws to an end, you will come to a paved track where you should veer left onto the old pathway. Here, you will walk past another crossroads where left takes you to the La Higuera ravine and straight on takes you to El Jaral along Calle Niagara, all the way to the old water fountains.
Download free map Tenerife hiking trail
Also see walking routes:
- Adeje – Barranco del Infierno – Ifonche – Roque Imoque – Roque del Conde – Las Casas
- Adeje — Walk Tenerife
- Arona – Ifonche – Arona Circular
- Arona – Vilaflor
- Costa del Silencio – Tenerife Coastal Escapism
- La Caleta – Tenerife Life in the Raw
- Los Cristianos – Palm-Mar – Las Galletas
- Palm-Mar – Las Galletas
- Piramide de Arona – Playa Las Americas – Puerto Colon
- Playa de Las Americas – La Caleta
- Playa Paraiso – La Caleta
- PR-TF 43 Garachico – Chinyero Mountain
- PR-TF 71 Camino de Teresme
- PR-TF 71.2 Camino de Ifonche
- PR-TF 72 Vilaflor – Paisaje Lunar – Vilaflor
- SL-TF 218 Roque del Conde
- SL-TF 71 Camino de la Virgen
- Teide walking routes. Teide hiking trails.
Remember: Prevention, Information and Knowledge are the key to avoiding unpleasant situations.
- Make sure you always have somebody else to walk with, stick to the marked footpaths and respect the way of life, privacy and property of the local inhabitants.
- If you keep your noise levels down, you will discover just how much life there is all around you.
- Take any rubbish with you, even organic waste. This will help preserve the beauty of the scenery and prevent the proliferation of rodents in the area. Take special care with cigarette butts.
- Picking up plants, animals or other items from the environment may entail the loss of irreplaceable resources.
- The people who take care of these Protected Nature Areas would be very grateful if you let them know about any incidents you may have noticed on your walk.
- Remember that the Island’s environment is as unique as it is unpredictable. It must be enjoyed responsibly and sensibly. Take special care in natural areas and don’t forget that accidents can happen at any time.
- Pay attention to signs.
- Check the weather forecast? to make sure the conditions are suitable.
- Wear suitable clothing and footwear for hiking and always pack your mobile phone, sunscreen, a hat, a coat, a waterproof, enough food and plenty of water in your backpack.
- Let your family and/or friends know which route you will be taking and bear in mind how many daylight hours you will need to complete it.