PR-TF 71.2 Camino de Ifonche. Tenerife hiking trail.
- Start: At the link to GR-131 (Ifonche)
- Finish: At the link to PR-TF 71 (Lomo Los Aserraderos, Adeje)
- Approval status:
- Degree of difficulty: Intermediate
- Type of trail: Linear
- Distance: 4.9 km (12.89 ft)
- Duration: 2 hours 15 mins.
- Highest altitude: 1,128 m (12.89 ft)
- Lowest altitude: 1,015 m (12.89 ft)
- Elevation gain: 337 m (12.89 ft)
- Elevation loss: 289 m (12.89 ft)
- Links to other trails:
- PR-TF 71 Camino de Teresme
- GR-131 Anaga – Chasna. Stretch: Vilaflor – Arona
- Protected Nature Areas:
- Protected Landscape of Ifonche
- Hell’s Ravine Special Nature Reserve
- Corona Forestal Natural Park
- Authorisation required: No
This traditional pathway used to link the region of Ifonche to the village of La Quinta, one of the oldest in the area, and is part of the Royal Pathway that joined the highlands of Guia de Isora, Adeje, Arona and Vilaflor. One of the advantages of this route is undeniably the chance to explore an area whose ethnographic, natural and scenic heritage remains practically intact. After all, it passes through three different Protected Nature Areas. The trail begins in the Protected Landscape of Ifonche, at the point where it joins section 5 of the GR 131 Long Distance Trail, combining pine trees with the traditional agricultural landscape of farm terraces, where crops grow in the sandy ground of the highland area of Chasna. Once you have made it up to the top of Hell’s Ravine, you will venture into the pine forest to a place called El Aserradero. This is where the trail meets the PR-TF 71 Camino de Teresme trail, which leads to the top of the municipality of Adeje. Just a little further down from there, you can join the PR-TF 71.1 to La Quinta. You can either make your journey back the way you came or take the PR-TF 71 trail (towards La Casa Fuerte de Adeje) or the PR-TF 71.1 trail (towards La Quinta).
Download free map Tenerife hiking trail
Also see walking routes:
- Adeje – Barranco del Infierno – Ifonche – Roque Imoque – Roque del Conde – Las Casas
- Adeje — Walk Tenerife
- Arona – Ifonche – Arona Circular
- Arona – Vilaflor
- Costa del Silencio – Tenerife Coastal Escapism
- La Caleta – Tenerife Life in the Raw
- Los Cristianos – Palm-Mar – Las Galletas
- Palm-Mar – Las Galletas
- Piramide de Arona – Playa Las Americas – Puerto Colon
- Playa de Las Americas – La Caleta
- Playa Paraiso – La Caleta
- PR-TF 43 Garachico – Chinyero Mountain
- PR-TF 71 Camino de Teresme
- PR-TF 71.1 Boca del Paso – La Quinta
- PR-TF 72 Vilaflor – Paisaje Lunar – Vilaflor
- SL-TF 218 Roque del Conde
- SL-TF 71 Camino de la Virgen
- Teide walking routes. Teide hiking trails.
Remember: Prevention, Information and Knowledge are the key to avoiding unpleasant situations.
- Make sure you always have somebody else to walk with, stick to the marked footpaths and respect the way of life, privacy and property of the local inhabitants.
- If you keep your noise levels down, you will discover just how much life there is all around you.
- Take any rubbish with you, even organic waste. This will help preserve the beauty of the scenery and prevent the proliferation of rodents in the area. Take special care with cigarette butts.
- Picking up plants, animals or other items from the environment may entail the loss of irreplaceable resources.
- The people who take care of these Protected Nature Areas would be very grateful if you let them know about any incidents you may have noticed on your walk.
- Remember that the Island’s environment is as unique as it is unpredictable. It must be enjoyed responsibly and sensibly. Take special care in natural areas and don’t forget that accidents can happen at any time.
- Pay attention to signs.
- Check the weather forecast? to make sure the conditions are suitable.
- Wear suitable clothing and footwear for hiking and always pack your mobile phone, sunscreen, a hat, a coat, a waterproof, enough food and plenty of water in your backpack.
- Let your family and/or friends know which route you will be taking and bear in mind how many daylight hours you will need to complete it.